Ive just known so many “green” mindset and attitudes since i worked in KLH (Ministry of Environment), Its a Governance Ministry of Environmental Issues, Programs, Policies, and Acts.
Waste Treatment Based on Independent Community of Sukunan Village, Sleman, D.I.Y
By Mr. Iswanto, 2008
There are many waste problems of and can be divided into:
- The types of waste nowadays are dominated by modern/factory waste, for example: plastic, can, bottle, styrofoam, paper and so on which are not environmental friendly.
- The numbers of waste that consistently increase and getting more and more and more volume everyday. On the other side, the TPA has a full limit of its capacity in a relative short time. And yet, most of us reject to have a home being near it.
- People tend to produce waste dan use disposable one. Many people still has wrong mindset and attitudes: they’re rather “to throw” than “to manage”. People think that waste have no potential, and they should be in the garbage drop box.
- Goverment service of waste distribution still cant reach remote places yet, until now.
- Wrong attitude of treating waste: burn, throw to the river dan unappropriate places for trash.
- Burning the trash will produce toxic gases which is very dangerous for human health (lung & brain) and also creating air pollution and global warming.
- Burying unorganic waste could poisoned the land itself, and also water dan plants. Finally that toxic will get into our body, because we’re burying toxic materials. The degenaratif desease that can stay in our body, such as cancer, disability of bodies function.
The Potentials inside Waste:
- Organic waste can be recycled into organic fertilizer
- Unorganic waste:
- Paper : another paper
- Plastic : another Plastic material
- Glass : another glass material
So, what we can do about them??
- REDUCE your own garbage, by:
- Avoid disposable one
- Bring your own shop bag
- Avoid using plastic bag, bring your small amounts of stuff in your bag/car
- Buy electronic pulsa
- Use rechargable battery
- Finish your meal!
- Avoid eating with plastic/paper/polyfoam plate
- Use napkins instead of tissue
- Use two sides paper
- REUSE your garbage by:
- Use can to be pot bunga
- Plastic glass for pembibitan tanaman
- Use your plastic bag to another shopping
- Use two sides paper
- Organic garbage to feed your pet
- RECYCLE your garbage, by:
- Recycling leaves become organic fertilizer
- Kotoran ternak become biogass
- Paper become artcraft paper
- Aluminium foil pack become artcraft
- Styrofoam become bataco/pot bunga
Separate your garbage!
- Organic (leaves, meals, etc) & Unorganic (plastic, can, bottle, glass, rubber,etc)
- Salable & Unsalable